Infused Coconut & Pistachio Truffles
Chocolate & cannabis lovers rejoice! It’s time to add a little THC to that sweet tooth! If you don’t have time for the full kief based infusion we outline in the cookbook, Cannabis & the Art of Infusion, Sativa Lifestyle Tincture from Fairwinds makes a great cheat code to adding some THC without the work. To get started you’ll need the things listed below.
For the ganache
- Generous 2 cups infused heavy cream
- 21 ounces chocolate (54% dark is my favorite), finely chopped
For the garnish
- 18 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 ½ cups shredded sweetened coconut, toasted
- 2 cups salted whole roasted & shelled pistachios, finely chopped
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Medium saucepan
- 9’’ x 5’’ loaf pan
- 1 baking sheet + 1 additional baking sheet per topping
- Small cookie scoop or 2 soup spoons
Makes 25 truffles
- Add the cream to a medium saucepan and heat over medium-high heat just until bubbles form around the edge of pan. Remove from heat and add the chocolate. Arrange the chocolate in the pan so that it’s completely covered by the hot cream and all it to sit for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk together the cream and chocolate until the mixture is smooth and velvety. Add the desired amount of tincture based on how strong you want each edible. This recipe makes 25 truffles; if you want each truffle to be 5mg (THC or CBD), add 125mg of your desired cannabinoid tincture. Whisk well to ensure even potency in each truffle.
- Pour the chocolate into the loaf pan, and allow it to set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (overnight is best). It can be left uncovered.
- Scoop a small amount of chocolate – between 1 and 3 tablespoons, depending on what size you want the truffles (I think 2 tablespoons is perfect)- onto a baking sheet. Roll the truffle into a ball. Repeat with the remaining chocolate. Place in the refrigerator, uncovered, for at least 15 minutes.
- Using a separate shallow baking sheet for each topping, scatter the bittersweet chocolate, cocoa powder, coconut, and/or pistachios onto the sheet(s).
- Remove the truffles from the fridge. Roll each truffle in your palm briefly, just long enough to melt the outside, and then immediately roll in whatever garnish you choose. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving. Truffles can be stored, covered, for up to 1 week in the fridge.
Discover a Higher Quality of Life.